Mt Tabor Neighborhood Social Media and Email Groups
The following groups are in rough order of geographic coverage (small to large). Additional and updated contact info maybe found on the main Mt. Tabor Neighborhood Association (MTNA) website:
1) Mt Tabor Neighborhood Association (MTNA) Board Members: Questions, agenda requests, and suggestions can be emailed to your MTNA Board Members: contact.MTNA@gmail.com
2) Block/Street Groups: Some Portland streets/blocks have their own NextDoor, Google Group, Yahoo Group, email, or other group e-lists. Ask your neighbors if you want or already have one.
3) Facebook: Mt Tabor Neighborhood Association (MTNA):
You will need to register with Facebook if you haven't already done so. Join the MTNA Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/Mt-Tabor-Neighborhood-Association-155336871268100/
Also: Friends of Mt Tabor Park have their own Facebook and Instagram accounts. Link from the Tabor Friends homepage: http://www.taborfriends.org/
4) Mt Tabor Neighborhood Association (MTNA) listserve:
This is a moderated email list with neighborhood meeting, news, and event announcements - mostly - also free stuff, missing pets, requests to borrow (and to donate), and other neighbor to neighbor (and neighborly) Q & A.
People who want to discuss policy and politics (rather than making brief announcements) are usually asked to go to the Mt Tabor Facebook page or NextDoor or any number of other chat-rooms for subject specific conversations. Email volume is light to moderate.
Link to the Riseup URL and send an email request if you want to be added to this MTNA listserve: https://lists.riseup.net/www/subscribe/mttaborpdx
5) NEXT DOOR (aka NextDoor):
NextDoor is used by small and large groups, e.g. gardening, book, and childcare groups; the common denominator is that you are "next door," i.e. you live near each other within the specified geographic area. To wit: NextDoor is an address-based networking application. Groups and individuals can choose to be private or public.
Email notifications are optional. You do not have to get any NextDoor email and can choose to use the app or visit the website and log in on your computer or gadget.
Join NextDoor and one or more Mt. Tabor sub-groups: https://nextdoor.com/
6) Twitter: The MTNA does not have a Twitter account - at least I don't think so. Let us know if there is one!
Last, but not least: Please feel free to correct or add to the above, especially if the above services' attributes or terms change enough to affect the usefulness of the information provided in this blog post. Thank you.
Disclaimer: The information provided on the MTNA website blog is for casual use only. We do not provide legal, consumer, medical, familial or any other professional advice, nor do we endorse any person, product, business or corporation.